Thursday, December 20, 2007

Shooter



The title of this movie fails. I skipped over it many times because of it's lackluster title: "Shooter."

This being said, I was surprised at what an enjoyable film it was. Mark Wahlberg delivers (with cool tricks and skills to marvel at) with the accompaniment of a well-chosen cast. Danny Glover doesn't conform to the sinister antagonist role very well, but serves this movie nonetheless. The expected twist in the movie is not surrounded by the usual aura of deception, so we aren't treated as an easily swayed viewer. The ending let me down by lacking a good moral resolution, but this seems to allow it to conform to reality a bit better (no random zombies around to finish off the bad guy).
3.8/5

1 comment:

Space Samurai said...

This movie was a lot of fun. I've always enjoyed Mark Wahlberg.

In the begining of the movie, when he talks about his dog, I though it would be awesome to have a revenge flick about a dog. Then later he says, "You don't understand, they shot my dog." I fell in love with the movie then.